Friday, August 05, 2005

SBS 2003 and APC java runtime

Today I ran into an issue that caused me to reboot a production machine. It pained me to do it, but I wasn't given a choice.

Anyway, during the reboot sequence, as Windows 2003 is loading, it would get to
applying computer settings
and would hang there.

From a workstation I was able to get to the shares, and Exchange was running, but I couldn't get the console session to load. I tried remote console it was down too. I was able to get into remote computer management. The events logs did not show anything strange, so I started looking for an answer.

Luckily I found this at SBSBLOG. Turns out that the APC Powerchute must be upgraded to 7.0. So boot into safe mode and disable the APC services, this will allow for console to load.

I have to give props to SBSBlog, it has helped out many times with great and timely info on Microsoft's SBS platform.

For those running APC, it's time to get on 7.0.



Will be doing the upgrade this weekend......